United Living, through its delivery partner Fastflow, was awarded eight Cadent sites across the Midlands and North West, representing some of the most important and critical assets on the network, serving a large customer population.
United Living provided a comprehensive design and build service including:
- Management of the total project including organisation, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring personnel security checks have been carried out on all contracted staff in accordance with Cadent requirements
- Development of health, safety and environmental documentation in conjunction with Cadent
- Interface with Cadent, its representatives and Project Managers as required
- Management of the procurement strategy
- Take the lead and be responsible for ensuring integration between all contractor programmes.
There was over 20% increase in scope over the course of the programme due to the need to upgrade the electricity supply at Alrewas, Blackrod and Samlesbury and Cadent’s requirement to underground as much of the gas pipework as possible to increase access to the heat exchangers.
However, by identifying issues early and coordinating an efficient delivery, United Living met the original project timescales and delivered to target cost.
Fastflow delivered to all KPIs, target cost and programme dates despite the increase in work scope. 90 internal audits and 44 client audits were carried out with no significant issues reported across the 8 sites.