Following a competitive tender and interview process, United Living was appointed by Silva Homes to undertake major structural, refurbishment and improvement works to Iveagh Court, in Bracknell.
Iveagh Court comprises two interconnected residential blocks with 114 flats and maisonettes arranged over 4 storeys, with under croft parking beneath.
The scope of works was established to alleviate problems with damp, structural defects, poor pedestrian access arrangements and to improve the general condition of the blocks and properties.
- Building new main entrance atrium and lift enclosure Lift was removed from contract
- New access stairs/ramps to each block entrance
- New bin storage areas & Cycle Store
- Demolition of existing refuse store, chute & storage
- Steel & glass balustrades to replace balcony brickwork
- New aluminium flashings, rainwater goods and connections
- Replacement wall ties to cavity brickwork
- EWI & Soffit insulation
- Replacement aluminium windows & balcony doors
- Overcoating main roof
- New drainage system
- Re-covering balconies
- Communal lighting upgrade
- Communal redecorations
- Kitchen & bathroom replacement – Complete refurbishment of all 114 flats, back to blockwork inc removal of ceilings.
- Conversion of Laundry Area to Flat 115. Remodelling of flat to encompass old rent office
- Fire stopping to party walls, risers and communal areas
- New electric heater units
- Electrical test & upgrade
- New flat entrance doors
- New access control
- New IRS systems
Due to the structural condition of the building, and the extent of the internal works UL worked with Silva Homes to undertake a decanting and returning programme.
We allocated a full time RLO who was based on site from the earliest stage. A void property provided by the Client was used by our RLO to meet residents & also for them to view works proposals, programme, finishes, and colour choice and design options. Extensive Resident Consultation Events prior to works commencing.
Social Value – Redecoration of Local Community Centre, Various Fun Days and raffles for residents, Client & Local Community. UL Donation of the Cycle Store.