United Living was appointed under a 10-year TPC2005 Contract and Strategic Alliancing agreement to deliver planned works to housing stock across Westminster’s southern area, alongside a second Service Provider in the North.
The scope encompasses the full range of planned refurbishment and improvement works and the planning, design and delivery of each task.
Working in Westminster poses a number of challenges:
- 50% of properties are in Conservation Areas and 1-in-7 are Listed;
- The borough has some particularly confined sites with complex access and logistics considerations;
- 59% residents are from BAME backgrounds;
- 43% of all homes are Leasehold properties
Design/Tasks/projects in progress include:
- Lisson Green Estate (20 blocks): External repairs, decorations, FRA & ventilation works;
- Vale Royal House: Planning submitted; external repairs, window replacement; podium waterproofing; communal electrics;
- Regency Estate & Semley House Ventilation;
- Wharnecliffe Gardens Estate: external repairs, communals, FRA, door entry, electrics;
- Fountain Court: Fire upgrades to communal areas;
- Churchill Gardens: asbestos removal & encapsulation to 23 basement areas;
- Citywide Kitchen & Bathroom replacements.
We have established a central operational hub for our partnership team and to date, we have completed pre-construction services and delivery of external, communal and FRA works to Barrowfield Estate, Anson House, Greenfield Community Centre, Glastonbury House (which included sprinklers to the 22-storey block) and Citywide Cold-Water Tank Replacement programme.