United Living (We) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://www.unitedliving.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controllers are United Living (North) Limited (Company No: 00545646, Data Protection Registration No: Z7326297) and United Living (South) Limited (Company No: 00817560, Data Protection Registration No: Z6687766) both of Media House, Azalea Drive, Swanley, Kent BR8 8HU.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site at http://www.unitedliving.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or on one of our social media platforms. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, provide customer feedback, when you report a problem with our site or apply for a vacancy. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number and any other information which you provide.
· Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information: • technical information, including the internet protocol address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; • information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
· Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide on behalf of our clients such as a housing association or local authority landlord (housing provider). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in building, technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and/or us and your housing provider to provide you with the information and services that you request from us; • to notify you about changes to our service; • to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device. · Information we collect about you. We will use this information: • to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; • to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device; • to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; • as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure. · Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. · Selected third parties including: • business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them, you or your housing provider; and • analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. · If United Living (North) Limited or United Living (South) Limited or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by them about their customers will be one of the transferred assets. · If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of United Living (North) Limited or United Living (South) Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not process your personal data for marketing purposes nor do we sell your data to third parties.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can exercise this right by writing to us at Data Protection Officer, United Living Group, Media House, Azalea Drive, Swanley, Kent BR8 8HU or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will be asked to provide proof of identity.
Applicable law and jurisdiction