Harlow Council – Modern Homes
- Project:Harlow Council – Modern Homes
- Client:Harlow Council
Following a competitive tender process United Living was appointed as one of three Service Providers under a TPC2005 contract to bring Harlow’s housing stock of 9,860 tenanted and 2353 leasehold properties up to the government’s Decent Homes standard by 2017.
We are working with Harlow Council carrying out the major refurbishment work to your, and your neighbours’, homes.
On this site you will find important information about us, the level of service you can expect from us and how we will work with you. We appreciate that this work will be disruptive at times but be assured we will carry out the work professionally and courteously with as little inconvenience to you as is practical. Our Resident Liaison Officers (RLOs) are dedicated to supporting you and your neighbours and are your best point of contact for information, help and advice on how to prepare for the coming work.
If you are vulnerable or have a disability we will be able to offer you:
- One-to-one consultations
- Help with packing, moving and covering furniture and belongings
- Daily RLO visits
- Extended access to respite facilities
- Language or translation support (in the case of non-English speaking households)
- Our Resident Liaison Officers (RLOs) are dedicated to supporting you through the improvement works to your home. Before work starts we will make sure you understand what is going to happen, when it will happen and why we are doing it this way. Your Resident Liaison Officer will visit you to introduce themselves, talk through the proposed work and how you can best prepare for it. They will also ask you about any special requirements you may have, so that we can accommodate and support you appropriately during the work.
For example, if you:
- Are elderly or ill
- Have difficulty reading
- Are a single parent
- Are a night shift worker
- Have a disability
- Have young children
- Do not have English as a first language
- Respect religious festivals
- Have holiday pending
- Have pets.
You will also be given the 0800 freephone number for your Resident Liaison Officer which you will find on your team card. Resident Liaison Officers are based on site, from 8.00am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. During the works your RLO will make regular visits with their main concern being your satisfaction with our service and with the resulting improvements to your home.
A member of our United Living Management Team will also visit you regularly to ensure you are happy with our service. Remember your RLO is there to help you every step of the way.
They will support you throughout the work and liaise between you and the operatives. They are responsible for ensuring your customer needs are catered for and that we provide the right level of support to suit your individual needs. Please let your RLO know if you have any special requirements we need to consider before we start working in your home.
Before work starts we will…
- Carry out a pre-start check to help you get ready
- Offer our secure key options
- Hold one-to-one consultants with every customer
- Explain in full exactly what work we will be carrying out in your home
- Give plenty of notice before we start work.
When carrying out work at your home Wwe will…
- Wear company clothing
- Respect you and your home
- Keep you informed of progress
- Provide the direct FREE phone number of staff overseeing your work
- Provide on-going support from your RLO.
- How to help us work with you
We politely request that you …
- Allow clear, safe access for work from start to finish
- Keep pets away from operatives
- Keep your children safe and do not leave young children unattended.
After the Work we will…
- Finish work to agreed standards
- Invite you to complete a satisfaction survey
- Make sure you are happy with the work
- Make sure you are aware of how to operate any new heating controls, timers etc.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation. We look forward to working with you to improve your home.
Benefits of the works:
The works are located in Harlow and surrounding towns and villages in the West Essex area, encompassing all property types, including low and high-rise blocks but predominantly 2 storey terrace and semi-detached houses, with some sheltered housing blocks.
The works comprise internal housing refurbishment of properties remaining in occupation and the scope and volume of works completed to date is circa:
- 1300 Kitchens
- 1050 Bathrooms
- 800 Heating system upgrades plus 650 boiler replacements
- 850 Consumer Units
- 1200 Smoke detectors
- 3000 Electrical safety tests
- 150 Asbestos R&D surveys